Earth Hour UK - Will you be joining in?
Earth Hour is a global movement uniting people to protect our planet. The movement brings people together around the world by getting them to make a commitment to the planet, by switching off their lights for one designated hour. This year Earth Hour falls on March 29th for the hour 8:30 to 9:30pm.
How can you get involved? It’s simple! Just by switching off your lights for an hour on March 29th between 8:30 and 9:30pm.
You can help beyond the hour by helping spread the sustainable message. Here are a few tips to help you along the way.
- Switching off appliances when they are not being used.
- Use recycled office supplies
- Using energy efficient electrical appliances (Energy saving lightbulbs)
- Organise a sustainable lunch day. Encourage colleagues to buy their lunch from locally produced food.
- Optimise the use of natural light and ventilation within your office space.
- Use Non-hazardous and eco-friendly cleaning products.
- In an office printing is one of the main impacts, you can reduce this by half if switch to double sided printing.
Sign up for Earth Hour and show your support. Tweet your support using #bebrilliant
You could also continue to spread the sustainable message, by buying sustainable and recycled office supplies from here.
For more information on Earth Hour click here